The Tilley hat fits more comfortably than other hats - so it often looks better, too. It’s designed to be worn low on your head and slightly loose, and should be held on by gravity.
To ensure ease and comfort, please add 1-2cm (0.4-0.8") to your measured head size for the best fit, depending on how snug you like to wear your hats.
How to measure your head
1. You’ll need a fabric tape measure - or a piece of string and a ruler.
2. Wrap the fabric tape measure or string around your head.
3. The measuring tool should be level.
4. It should rest just above your eyebrows.
5. Do not wrap the measuring tool too tightly around your head.
6. If using a string, compare the length against a ruler.
7. Take the measurement from the fabric tape measure or string and add 1-2cm (0.4-0.8") to ensure ease and comfort, depending on how snug you like to wear your hats.
8. Compare that measurement to the chart below to find your hat size.
|X-SMALL (XS)||21 5/8||55||6 7/8|
|MEDIUM (M)||22 3/8 - 22 3/4||57 - 58||7 1/8 - 7 1/4|
|LARGE (L)||23 1/8 - 23 1/2||59 - 60||7 3/8 - 7 1/2|
|XLARGE (XL)||23 7/8 - 24 1/4||61 - 61.5||7 5/8 - 7 3/4|
|2XLARGE (2XL)||24 5/8||62.5||7 7/8|
|3XLARGE (3XL)*||25 - 26 1/2||63.5 - 66.5||8 - 8+*|
Most Tilley hats range between sizes 7 and 7 7/8. However we carry a few select sizes 6 7/8 and 8/8+. These styles are: 6 7/8: T3 Wanderer Petite, T3 Cotton Duck Petite, T3 Cotton Duck, LTM3 Airflo®, LTM5 Airflo®, LTM6 Airflo®, T5MO Organic Airflo®.
8/8+: LT5B Lightweight Nylon, LTM3 Airflo®, LTM5 Airflo®, LTM6 Airflo®, T3 Cotton Duck, T5 Cotton Duck, T5MO Organic Airflo®, TH5 Hemp, TWC7 Outback Waxed Cotton, T3 Wanderer.
Contact Customer Service by clicking here for additional sizing help & questions